Due to the Covid-19 mandates to schools, our building is currently closed. However, parents can enroll and re-enroll students electronically.
For newly enrolled students:
Please know that the original enrollment assessment and parent interview procedures may be adjusted or waived at this time. However, an assessment may be scheduled during the first few days of school. The assessment will help us to determine proper grade placement that will set the foundation for the child to be successful. Therefore, after the fall assessment, it may be determined at our discretion that your child be placed in a different grade than what was listed by the parent at the time of enrollment.
Generally, our admissions process starts with an assessment. However, due toCOVID-19 we will waive all assessments prior to entry. We will however assess students during the first few days of classes to determine their academic performance level. For entry to Kindergarten, we are informing parents to make sure students:
1. Have the appropriate age requirement
2. Can write his/her first and last name correctly and independently
3. Must be able to recognize Uppercase and lowercase letters (out of order)
4. Recognize numbers 1-10 or beyond, out of order
5. Can rote count 1-20 or beyond.
6. Can count items up to twenty or beyond
7. Can properly hold a pair of scissors and cut along a line. We recommend that ALL parents of incoming Kindergarteners work with their students on their performance of these and other academic practices. We recommend the following resources:
Summer Bridge Activities PreK – K